In April 2015 a 7.8 Magnitude earthquake devastated Nepal causing deaths, horrific injuries and widespread destruction of buildings.
This was the worst earthquake to hit Nepal in 80 years. Only 17 days later a further 7.3 Magnitude struck the country again, resulting in further deaths, injuries and building collapses.
The combined death toll was over 8,600 people with more than 22,000 seriously injured. 800,000 family homes were left uninhabitable. Many of the most remote and hard to reach villages were the worst to be affected.
Graeme Howell, the founder of Worldwide Action, felt duty bound to help in whatever way he possibly could. He packed a sleeping bag, took his own rations and water sanitation to be able to be self sufficient, and called upon friends and family to support in order to deliver aid and care where it was desperately needed.
What he saw and experienced there was to be the beginning of the journey to create Worldwide Action and he continues to forge partnerships and connections with like minded individuals, other charities and corporate supporters who are all committed to the same endeavour - to help children worldwide who are in need the most.
Thanks to the kind support and donations from friends, family and local volunteers in Nepal, this is what we were able to deliver and supply to those in need.
WATER, SANITATION AND HYGIENE ( WASH )
- 6 x EMERGENCY WATER PURIFIERS ( CAPABLE OF PURIFYING 1000L EACH )
- 120 x BOTTLES OF WATER PURIFICATION DROPS ( PURIFIES 800L PER BOTTLE )
- 360 x LAUNDRY SOAP ( APPROX 2 WEEKS OF FAMILY LAUNDRY PER BAR )
- 360 x ANTI-BACTERIAL SOAP ( APPROX 1 WEEKS PERSONAL HYGIENE FOR A FAMILY )
- 120 x PACKS OF SANITARY TOWELS
- 360 x TOOTHBRUSHES
- 280 x ASSORTED CHILDREN AND BABY CLOTHES INCLUDING NAPPIES
- 3600 KG OF RICE
- 2880 x INDIVIDUAL EMERGENCY MEAL MIXES
- 21 x TARPAULINS FOR EMERGENCY SHELTERS
- 530 x SHEETS OF CORRUGATED METAL FOR 59 SHORT AND LONG TERM SHELTERS
- 1 x EMERGENCY TARPAULIN AND BAMBOO SHELTER FOR ORPHANAGE
- 60 x PACKS OF CALCIUM SUPPLEMENTS ( FOR FRACTURE CASUALTIES )
- 64 x PACKS OF IBUPROFEN AND PARACETAMOL
- 120 x SACHETS OF ELECTROLYTE
- 500 x ASSORTED PLASTERS
- 12 x ROLLS OF COTTON DRESSING
- 15 x ROLLS OF BANDAGE
- 25 x INDIVIDUAL DRESSINGS
- 40 x PACKETS OF ANTI- DIARRHOEA TABLETS
- 3 x INDIVIDUAL FIRST AID KITS
- 6 x BOTTLES OF IODINE
- 3 DAYS OF FUNDING FOR JCB DIGGER FOR DOMESTIC RUBBLE CLEARANCE
- 2 x SCHOOLS PROVIDED WITH PE AND GAMES EQUIPMENT
- 1 x SCHOOL PROVIDED WITH ENGLISH AND TEACHING AIDS
- 1 x SCHOOL PROVIDED WITH ARTS AND CRAFTS SUPPLIES
- 1 x MULTIPLE FRACTURE CASUALTY FEES FUNDED FOR HOSPITAL TREATMENT